Camp out under Ivinghoe Beacon and help protect our beautiful planet with a 2 day ride up the spine of the country to sensational Shambala...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Wednesday 21st August 2019
Start Point : London
Start Time : 11:30am
Number of miles : 100
Hours of cycling per day : 5-6
Arrival Date : Thursday 22nd August 2019
Arrival Time : 6pm
End Point : Shambala, Northamptonshire
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be moderately fit and capable of cycling approximately 50 miles per day.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
If 2018 is anything to go by, the wonderful group of people you'll be riding with! In 2018, 47 Shambalans took on the 100 mile journey from London. Leaving London via the Grand Union Canal, we enjoyed a relaxed picnic lunch on Denham Village green and made our way through the quiet country lanes of the Chiltern Hills to our idyllic campsite at the foot of Ivinghoe Beacon. We set up camp and wandered down to the cosy Rose and Crown pub in Ivinghoe where Resident chef Mick hosted our weary group for dinner with a delicious vegetarian and vegan-friendly set menu. The next morning, after a casual campsite breakfast, we continued around the unexpectedly pretty lakes and parks of Milton Keynes and through rural Northamptonshire. We stopped for an unplanned celebratory group drink in the little village of Old (the pub agreed to open early just for us!), changed into our Red Fox t-shirts and peddled the last few miles to Shambala. After bumping into our new friends countless times over the festival weekend, the experience ended with a sleepy coach journey back to London on the final Monday.
PERKS OF THE RIDE
Exclusive perks for our Shambala Riders:
- Free group yoga or learn to massage class (Thursday and Friday)
- Free programme
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £69)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch each day and breakfast after our overnight camp
- We'll reserve a pitch in a beautiful campsite for our overnight stay
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Shambala festival site
- Pre-pitched tent airmat and travel pillow (bookable from April 2019) From £10
- We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival £18 return
- Discounted Shambala Festival ticket £144 - £184
* Link will direct you to the Shambala ticketing home page. Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process