London to Shambala
Camp out under Ivinghoe Beacon and help protect our beautiful planet with a 2 day cycle up the spine of the country to Shambala 2022...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Wednesday 24 August 2022
Start Point : London (Willesden Junction station)
Start Time : 10:30am
Number of days: 2
Number of miles : 100 (50 each day)
Hours of cycling per day : 5-6
Arrival Date : Thursday 25 August 2022
Arrival Time : 6pm
End Point : Shambala, Northamptonshire
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be moderately fit and capable of cycling 50 miles per day.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
The wonderful group of people you'll be riding with! In 2019, 84 Shambalans took on the 100 mile journey from London. Leaving London via the Grand Union Canal, we enjoyed a relaxed picnic lunch on Denham Village green and made our way through the quiet country lanes of the Chiltern Hills to our idyllic campsite at the foot of Ivinghoe Beacon. We set up camp and wandered down to the cosy Rose and Crown pub in Ivinghoe where Resident chef Mick hosted our weary group for dinner with a delicious vegetarian and vegan-friendly set menu. The next morning, after a casual campsite breakfast, we continued around the pretty lakes and parks of Milton Keynes and through rural Northamptonshire. We stopped for an unplanned celebratory group drink at the Tollemache Arms in Harrington (the pub agreed to open early just for us!), changed into our Red Fox t-shirts and peddled the last few miles to Shambala. After bumping into our new friends countless times over the festival weekend, those who opted to come back with us enjoyed a sleepy coach journey back to London on the final Monday.
EXCLUSIVE PERKS FOR OUR SHAMBALA RIDERS:
- Free revitalising classes just for us (Thursday and Friday) led by lovely Annette in the Shambala Healing Fields
- Free programme
- £20 discount on Shambala weekend festival ticket
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £105)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- Lunch each day and breakfast after our overnight camp
- A pitch in a beautiful campsite for our overnight camp
- Delicious roadside snacks and drinks
- Secure storage of your bike in the Shambala bike park (own lock needed)
- Pre-pitched tent, air-mat and travel pillow From £15
- Return coach and bike transfer to Highbury and Islington station after the festival £30 return
- Bicycle rental for the duration of the ride From £79
* Link will direct you to the Shambala ticketing home page. Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process