Experience the wild and natural beauty of the Peak District on a 2 day ride to Shambala...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Wednesday 21st August 2019
Start Point : Sheffield Railway Station
Start Time : 11:30am
Number of miles : 110
Hours of cycling per day : 6-7
Arrival Date : Thursday 22nd August 2019
Arrival Time : 6pm
End Point : Shambala, Northamptonshire
Ride Grading : Challenging
You'll need to be capable of cycling 55 miles per day and comfortable with moderate hill climbing.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
In response to your feedback, we've added Sheffield as a new start location in 2019, so now there's an option for all you Shambalans travelling from the north of England! The ride starts with a long, gradual climb out of Sheffield city centre and into the Peak District. Most of the Peak District is over 300m above sea level so expect stunning vistas for most of the day. Burbage Bridge is a gem and the views over the Derwent Valley are truly wonderful. After passing Carsington Water, the Pennine Cycleway (the magnificent National Cycle Route 68) takes us to our campsite near the Derbyshire village of Stenson. After a well deserved hot shower, a relaxing dinner at the local village pub and a night camped out under the stars, our journey continues through rural Leicestershire. Pretty Market Bosworth, with its tea shops and little cottages, is a likely stop for lunch. Our second day is much less hilly and we plan to reach Shambala at about 6pm.
PERKS OF THE RIDE
Exclusive perks for our Shambala Riders:
- Free group yoga or learn to massage class (Thursday and Friday)
- Free programme
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £69)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch each day and breakfast after our overnight camp
- We'll reserve a pitch in a beautiful campsite for our overnight stay
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Shambala festival site
- Pre-pitched tent airmat and travel pillow (bookable from April 2019) From £10
- We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival £18 return
- Discounted Shambala Festival ticket £144 - £184
* Link will direct you to the Shambala ticketing home page. Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process