Missed out on 2020? Keen to make 2021's journey to Bluedot as exciting as the event? Join our 1 day canal-side ride from Manchester through some of Cheshire's prettiest villages.
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Thursday 22 July OR Friday 23 July 2021 (1 day ride)
Start Point : Manchester Piccadilly station
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles : 31
Number of days: 1
Hours of cycling per day : 3-4
Arrival Date : Thursday 22 July OR Friday 23 July 2021 (1 day ride)
Arrival Time : 3pm
End Point : Bluedot Festival, Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre, Cheshire
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be capable of cycling 31 miles in a day and the route is fairly flat throughout.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
Leaving Manchester via its iconic canal towpaths (all paved) we head out past magnificent Old Trafford football stadium and into the leafy suburbs of Sale. Water dominates the early parts of this route as we take in the Rochdale Canal, River Mersey and the Manchester Ship Canal. The route continues south west on the Bridgewater Way to West Timperley and onto the spectacular National Trust property and estate of Dunham Massey. We'll most likely take a well deserved lunch break here. Don't forget to bring your camera!
The second half of the ride takes us through the glorious winding back lanes of Cheshire, threading through countless meres and timeless villages. We expect to arrive at Bluedot by 3pm.
Note: We will be running the ride on Thursday 22 July (for those with Thursday entry) and Friday 23 July (for standard weekend ticket holders).
EXCLUSIVE PERKS FOR OUR BLUEDOT RIDERS:
- Free Meteor Showers pass (worth £44.50)
- Free VIP Bar Upgrade
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £50)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- Lunch on the day of the ride
- Delicious roadside snacks and drinks
- Secure storage of your bike at Bluedot (own lock needed)
- Return coach and bike transfer to Manchester Piccadilly station after the festival £30
- Bicycle rental for the duration of the ride From £35
- Hire of camping equipment for the Bluedot weekend From £20