Keen to make this year's journey to Bluedot as exciting as the event? Join our gentle 1 day canal-side ride from Manchester through some of Cheshire's prettiest villages...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Thursday 18th or Friday 19th July 2019
Start Point : Manchester Piccadilly station
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles : 31
Hours of cycling per day : 3-4
Arrival Date : Thursday 18th or Friday 19th July 2019
Arrival Time : 3pm
End Point : Bluedot Festival, Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre, Cheshire
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be capable of cycling 30 miles in a day and the route is fairly flat throughout.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
Leaving Manchester via its iconic canal towpaths (all paved) we head out past magnificent Old Trafford football stadium and into the leafy suburbs of Sale. Water dominates the early parts of this route as we take in the Rochdale Canal, River Mersey and the Manchester Ship Canal. The route continues south west on the Bridgewater Way to West Timperley and onto the spectacular National Trust property and estate of Dunham Massey. We'll most likely take a well deserved lunch break here. Don't forget to bring your camera!
The second half of the ride takes us through the glorious winding back lanes of Cheshire, threading through countless meres and timeless villages. We expect to arrive at Bluedot by 3pm.
Note: We will be running the ride on Thursday 18th July (for those with Thursday entry) and Friday 19th July (for standard weekend ticket holders).
PERKS OF THE RIDE
Exclusive perks for our Bluedot Riders:
- Free Meteor Showers pass. Luxurious hot showers on the Bluedot site all weekend! (worth £39.50)
- VIP upgrade, access to the VIP bar (worth £89)
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £50)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch on the day of the ride
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Bluedot festival site (own lock needed)
We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival