Re-discover your sense of adventure and conquer the iconic London to Brighton 1 day cycle ride.
The London to Brighton bike ride is probably Britain's best known 1 day cycle ride. Starting in the city and ending at the beach, it crosses the beautiful Surrey Hills, Southern England's newest National Park and the awe-inspiring Sussex Downs range of chalk hills.
Our version is a little different.
Starting in Richmond to avoid the inevitable battle through South London traffic, we'll use country lanes (almost) throughout. No major A or B roads to spoil the serenity. But we don't take ourselves too seriously and weekends are suppose to be fun, right? So we'll enjoy a lavish lakeside lunch in the Surrey Hills on the way down, celebration drinks in one of Brighton's best outdoor beer gardens after the ride and, for those seeking a symbolic end to the experience, there'll be time to dip your toes in the sea at Brighton!
Click here to see photographs from our other Escape The City rides
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Dates :
- Returning in 2022
Start Point : Richmond station
Start Time : 9am
Number of miles : 64
Hours of cycling : 6-7
End Point : Brighton Pier
Ride Difficulty : Heart-raising
- A fully guided, fully supported, quiet & peaceful 1 day cycle ride from London to Brighton
- A heart-raising & strenuous physical challenge, with a chance to conquer Britain's most iconic 1 day ride
- Delicious, lavish lunch en route at the Cafe by the Lake at Sumners Ponds near Horsham
- Coffee & cake in the beautiful Surrey Hills village of Shere
- A chance to swim in the sea on Brighton beach (optional)
- Celebration drinks 'al fresco' at the Tempest Inn pub on Brighton beach (optional)
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (from £89)
- 1 day guided ride
- Support vehicle to carry day packs and provide mechanical support
- Lunch at Sumners Ponds en route
- Coffee and cake in Shere
- Snacks and water to keep us fueled and hydrated
- Celebration drinks at Tempest Inn on Brighton beach (first drink only)
What's not included?
- Return train ticket back to London
- Extra drinks at the Tempest Inn in Brighton
- Bike hire (from £45): We'll organise hire of a bicycle for you for the day. We'll have your bike waiting for you in Richmond as you arrive, and we'll take it back from you as you finish the ride in Brighton. We'll also provide a bicycle helmet and lock.