Fancy taking on London Town to Boomtown by pedal power alone? Be one of the first to start your festival weekend with a relaxing 2 day ride across Surrey and through the South Downs National Park...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Tuesday 6th August 2019
Start Point : Wandsworth Town Station
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles : 93
Hours of cycling per day : 5-6
Arrival Date : Wednesday 7th August 2019
Arrival Time : 5pm
End Point : Boomtown Fair, Matterley Estate
Ride Grading : Moderate
Is this ride suitable for you? You'll need to be capable of cycling approximately 49 miles per day. We will likely split into two pace groups so you can cycle as quickly or as slowly as you like. There will be plenty of breaks and our friendly guides always make sure no one is left behind. Our rides are all about taking in wonderful views, seeing the countryside and enjoying the experience. It's not about getting there as quickly as we can!
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
Quite simply, Red Fox Cycling was born in London and we love our city! So taking our fellow Londoners on a ride, and having the chance to guide you to the magnificent Boomtown, is about as great as it gets. Even getting out of London is surprisingly picturesque. Going out via the Wandle Valley and pretty Morden Hall Park, our route takes us around Box Hill and deep into the Surrey Hills. After our first day of riding, we'll stay in a lovely campsite at the foot of Leith Hill, the highest point in South East England. There's plenty of choice for dinner, either a group meal in the nearby village of Forest Green or a campfire in our spacious campsite. It's up to you. Our route continues through the South Downs National Park, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. We aim to reach Boomtown by about 5pm. All cyclists get free Wednesday entry (worth £20) and plenty of other exciting perks!
PERKS OF THE RIDE
Exclusive perks for our Boomtown Riders:
- Free Wednesday upgrade to your standard Boomtown weekend festival ticket (PLEASE NOTE: Boomtown weekend festival ticket is not included in the ride price)
- Hot shower on arrival
- Drinks voucher
- Free programme
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £75)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch each day and breakfast after our overnight camp
- We'll reserve a pitch in a beautiful campsite for our overnight stay
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Boomtown festival site
Pre-pitched tent airmat and travel pillow (bookable from April 2019)
We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival
- Package with Boomtown festival ticket (with sustainable traveller discount)
* Link will direct you to the Boomtown ticketing home page.
Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process