Fancy taking on Timber by pedal power alone? Meet new lovely people and discover rural Leicestershire on our 1 day rural ride to the festival...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Friday 5th July 2019
Start Point : Leicester
Start Time : 10:30am
Number of miles : 32
Hours of cycling per day : 3-4
Arrival Date : Friday 5th July 2019
Arrival Time : 3pm
End Point : Rawdon Rd, Moira, Swadlincote
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be capable of cycling 30 miles in a day and comfortable with one or two moderate climbs.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
In short, the charming villages and wonderful open countryside! We'll leave Leicester via the Old River Soar towpath and Braunstone Park to avoid heavy traffic. Beyond Ratby, a long country lane takes us to Burroughs Wood where we'll pitch up for a refreshing brew.
Thornton Reservoir springs into view to our right, nestled in amongst the rolling hills and ancient woodland of the National Forest. The reservoir actually sits on the old village of Thornton, originally 'Torentum' and traceable back to the Domesday Book of 1085. Next comes the prettiest stretch of our day as we weave through the pretty villages of Nailstone, Odstone and Swepstone.
We'll either enjoy a relaxing pub lunch in one of the local pubs or, if the weather allows, find a spot for a delicious countryside picnic. The final few miles of our ride take us past Willesley Lake and onto the festival site. We plan to arrive at Timber by 3pm latest and you'll be free to start your festival weekend!
PERKS OF THE RIDE
Exclusive perks for our Timber Riders:
- All cyclists get a discount of £42.50 on your Timber festival ticket. This makes the outward ride and all that comes with it completely free!
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £42.50)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch on the day of the ride
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Timber festival site (own lock needed)
We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival
* Link will direct you to the Timber ticketing home page. Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process