Explore England's most spectacular landscapes on our 3 day guided, supported, all inclusive cycle experience in the Yorkshire Dales.
Not for the faint hearted! Aye, this ride will be most enjoyable if you're an experienced cyclist. We've designed it to be 'an achievable challenge'. That means, if you're used to full day cycle rides (think 50 to 60 miles per day), comfortable with hill climbing (think 3000 - 3500 feet of climbing per day) then you're ready to take on the cyclists' paradise that is Yorkshire.
Expect breath-taking landscapes and outstanding natural beauty at every turn. Come join us, you won't regret it.
Click here to see photographs from our Escape the City to the Chiltern Hills ride
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Dates :
- 29 May-31 May - 16 places
Start Point : Skipton station
Start Time : 11:15am
Number of days: 3
Number of miles per day : 53
Hours of cycling per day : 6-7
Overnight Camps : Chapel-le-Dale & Keld
End Point : Skipton station
Ride Difficulty : Challenging
- A fully guided, fully supported, all inclusive 3 day cycle experience & weekend adventure in the Yorkshire Dales
- An intense physical challenge, designed to push but be achievable for the confident and experienced cyclist (in contrast to our Expert-grade rides aimed at sportive riders)
- Visit spots of outstanding natural beauty, including Aysgarth Falls, the Ingleton Waterfalls Trail and Malham's Cove
- Swap cleats for boots and hike to the tip of Ingleborough, one of the iconic 'Yorkshire 3 peaks' (optional)
- Enjoy local Wensleydale cheese, Yorkshire curd tart, locally-sourced lamb and, of course, proper Yorkshire puddings (optional)
- Camp under the stars with breath-taking views across the Dales (tents, air mats, travel pillows and camping chairs all set up and provided by us)
- Tea and home-baked scones at the Town End Farm Shop in Kirkby Malham
- Relaxed country pub dinners on Saturday & Sunday night at the Old Hill Inn at Chapel-le-Dale and the hand-picked Kearton Country Hotel overlooking the River Swale in Keld
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (from £290)
- 3 day guided ride
- Support vehicle to carry day packs and provide mechanical support
- 3 x lunches
- 2 x overnight camps with camping gear provided (tent, air mat, travel pillow & camping chairs)
- 2 x delicious dinners at the Old Hill Inn in Chapel-le-dale and the Farmers Arms in Keld
- Ingleborough '3 peaks' hike (optional)
- 2 x breakfasts on Sunday and Monday morning
- Secure bike storage at both campsites
What's not included?
- A sleeping bag
- Bike hire (from £95): We'll organise hire of a bicycle for you from Saturday to Sunday. We'll have your bike waiting for you in Skipton as you arrive, and we'll take it back from you as you finish the ride on Monday. We'll also provide a bicycle helmet and lock.