Enjoy spectacular scenery and discover ancient history with an Escape to the Sussex Downs...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Saturday 22nd - Sunday 23rd June 2019, Saturday 21st - Sunday 22nd September 2019
Start Point : Burgess Hill railway station
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles per day : 38
Hours of cycling per day : 4-5
Overnight Camp : Little Downash
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be moderately fit, and capable of cycling 35 miles per day.
- 2 days of glorious cycling through the rolling hills and quiet country lanes of the Sussex Downs
- Visit the historic village of West Chiltington, first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, and Lullington with its medieval church
- Kayak from Barcombe Mills to Isfield on the River Ouse, and see kingfishers, greylag goose and grey wagtails in their natural habitat (optional)
- Camp overnight in a beautiful lakeside location with the Sussex Hills as your backdrop (tents, air mats, travel pillows and camping chairs all set up and provided by us)
- Wander over the Seven Sisters Cliffs from Birling Gap to Cuckmere Haven, one of the most beautiful walks on the Southern coast of England (optional)
- See the impressive chalk figure of the Wilmington Long Man, which many archaeologists believe dates back to the Iron or New Stone Age period
- Drop in to Middle Farm in Firle for a sumptuous cream tea or fresh apple juice made using their old-fashioned apple press
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Weekend price £185)
- 2 day guided ride
- Support vehicle to carry day packs and provide mechanical support
- Lunch both days
- Overnight camp and equipment hire (tent, air mat, travel pillow & camping chairs)
- Campsite dinner prepared, cooked and delivered by one of our local catering partners
- Breakfast on Sunday morning courtesy of our friends Dorset Cereals
- Snacks & roadside refreshments
- Guided kayak from Barcombe Mills to Isfield (optional)
- Secure bicycle storage at campsite
Whats not included?
- A sleeping bag
- Bicycle hire (£50): We'll organise hire of a bicycle for you from Saturday to Sunday. We'll have your bike waiting for you in Burgess Hill when you arrive, and we'll take it back from you as you finish the ride on Sunday. It couldn't be easier! We'll also provide a bicycle helmet and lock.
- London transfer (£50): Meet us at London Victoria at, or just before, 9am. We'll load your bike into our support van, and we'll put on a coach to take you to the ride start point at Burgess Hill. We'll also bring you and your bike back to London Victoria on Sunday afternoon after the ride.
- Bell Tent Upgrade (£25): Enjoy a little luxury and upgrade to a bell tent for your overnight camp. Beds and bedding are provided. You can expect to be sharing the bell tent with up to 3 other riders.