Immerse yourself in historic woodland and share winding country lanes with free-roaming wildlife on our 2 day guided, supported, all inclusive cycle experience in the New Forest.
Think of 'Escape The City to the New Forest' as part seaside break and part forest retreat. The magic of this trip is the variety. One minute we'll be enjoying the tranquil natural sounds of an ancient forest (one of few remaining in Europe), the next plunging into the ocean and enjoying delicious locally-produced ice cream at one of the beautiful beaches overlooking the Solent.
The New Forest is full of history (which we'll do our best to impart), teaming with wildlife (some of which freely roam the streets given they belong to 'commoners' who have the right to turn out their livestock into the Open Forest) and contains a mix of both ancient woodland and open heathland. It is magnificent in every respect and thoroughly deserves to make the cut as one of our weekend escapes.
Click here to see photographs from our other rides
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Dates :
- 21-22 May 2022 - 9 places left!
Start Point : Brockenhurst station
Start Time : 10:15am
Number of miles per day : 37
Hours of cycling per day : 4-5
Overnight Camp : Woodland Hideaway (near Brockenhurst)
End Point : Brockenhurst station
Ride Difficulty : Leisurely to Moderate
- A fully guided, fully supported, all inclusive 2 day cycle experience exploring the ancient woodland and open heathland of the New Forest
- A moderate physical challenge, very comfortable for experienced cyclists and very do-able for inexperienced cyclists with a moderate level of fitness (think relaxed cycling with some low intensity climbs)
- Share beautiful lanes with free roaming ponies, cattle, donkeys, pigs and sheep, a magical experience unique to the New Forest
- Cosy wild camp under the stars in a secluded woodland campsite (tents, air mats, travel pillows and camping chairs all set up and provided by us)
- Pre-dinner woodland walk and a chance to admire magnificent trees, flowers and fungi and learn more about the history of the New Forest from the Red Fox team
- Lavish 'al fresco' BBQ and drinks in our campsite on Saturday night
- Sunday lunch overlooking Bucklers Hard Yacht Harbour on the magnificent Beaulieu River
- Round off the weekend with a swim in the ocean on Sunday afternoon (optional) and enjoy delicious seaside ice cream at Milford-on-Sea
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (from £225)
- 2 day guided ride
- Support vehicle to carry day packs and provide mechanical support
- Lunch both days
- Overnight camp and camping gear (tent, air mat, travel pillow & camping chairs)
- Delicious campsite BBQ & drinks
- Sea swim (optional)
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
- Secure bike storage at our campsite
What's not included?
- A sleeping bag
- Ice cream at Milford-on-Sea
- Bike hire (from £79): We'll organise hire of a bicycle for you from Saturday to Sunday. We'll have your bike waiting for you in Brockenhurst as you arrive, and we'll take it back from you as you finish the ride on Sunday. We'll also provide a bicycle helmet and lock.