Step back in time with an Escape to the High Weald...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Saturday 20 - Sunday 21 June and Saturday 26 - Sunday 27 September 2020
Start Point : Royal Tunbridge Wells
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles per day : 38
Hours of cycling per day : 4-6
Overnight Camp : Dernwood Farm
End Point: Royal Tunbridge Wells
Ride Grading : Moderate to challenging
You'll need to be moderately fit and capable of cycling approximately 40 miles per day.
- A fully guided, fully supported 2 day cycle experience with a group of like-minded adventurers in the ancient forests of Kent and Sussex
- Magnificent views of the Eden and Medway valleys from the Weald's high sandstone ridge
- Visit to the delightful Wealden villages of Mayfield, an absolute gem with its quaint high street, and Groombridge with its village green and moated manor house
- Top notch coffee and home made cakes at the Deer Park cafe in Eridge
- See the Ancient yew tree at Rotherfield, said to pre-date the ancient church which once stood there
- Admire the 16th century castle, pretty village store and half timbered buildings in the little Tudor village of Chiddingstone
- Cosy wild camp under the stars in a secluded woodland campsite (tents, air mats, travel pillows and camping chairs all set up and provided by us)
- Delicious BBQ dinner and some well deserved drinks, enjoyed al fresco in our campsite
- Morning yoga before breakfast on Sunday (optional)
- Wild swim in the River Medway at Fordcombe (optional)
WHAT'S INCLUDED? Super Early Bird price £109 (Early Bird £119 from 15 Nov 2019)
- 2 day guided ride
- Support vehicle to carry day packs and provide mechanical support
- Pitch in our overnight campsite (own equipment needed)
- Breakfast on Sunday morning courtesy of our friends Dorset Cereals
- Snacks & roadside refreshments
- Wild swimming (optional)
- Secure bicycle storage at campsite
Whats not included?
- A sleeping bag
- Lunch both days
- Campsite BBQ with delicious local produce from the on site store
- Group yoga (optional)
- Bicycle hire (from £50): We'll organise hire of a bicycle for you from Saturday to Sunday. We'll have your bike waiting for you in Royal Tunbridge Wells when you arrive, and we'll take it back from you as you finish the ride on Sunday. It couldn't be easier! We'll also provide a bicycle helmet and lock.
- Upgraded Camping (from £15): We'll provide one of our comfy tents with air-mat and travel pillow, pre-pitch it and take it down for you in the morning.
- Meal Package: Add 2 x delicious countryside cafe lunches and a lavish campsite BBQ on Saturday night.