Step back in time with an Escape to the High Weald...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Saturday 7th - Sunday 8th September 2019
Start Point : Hildenborough train station
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles per day : 38
Hours of cycling per day : 4-6
Overnight Camp : Dernwood Farm
Ride Grading : Moderate to challenging
You'll need to be moderately fit and capable of cycling approximately 40 miles per day.
- 2 days of glorious traffic-free cycling in the ancient forests of Kent and Sussex
- Enjoy magnificent views of the Eden and Medway valleys from the Weald's high sandstone ridge
- Visit the delightful Wealden villages of Mayfield, an absolute gem with its quaint high street, and Groombridge with its village green and moated manor house
- Enjoy top notch coffee and home made cakes at the Deer Park cafe in Eridge
- See the Ancient yew tree at Rotherfield, said to pre-date the ancient church which once stood there
- Admire the 16th century castle, pretty village store and half timbered buildings in the little Tudor village of Chiddingstone
- Get to know the group over a leisurely lunch at one of Kent's prettiest medieval pubs
- Experience peace and tranquility with a 'cosy' wild camp under the stars (tents, air mats, travel pillows and camping chairs all set up and provided by us)
- Relax and refuel with a delicious BBQ dinner and some well deserved drinks, hosted and served in our campsite
- Soothe the mind with (optional) morning yoga before breakfast on Sunday
- Truly immerse yourself with an (optional) wild swim in the River Medway near Golden Green
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Weekend price £185)
- 2 day guided ride
- Support vehicle to carry day packs and provide mechanical support
- Lunch both days
- Overnight camp and equipment hire (tent, air mat, travel pillow & camping chairs)
- Delicious campsite BBQ on Saturday night
- Breakfast on Sunday morning courtesy of our friends Dorset Cereals
- Snacks & roadside refreshments
- Group yoga (optional)
- Wild swimming (optional)
- Secure bicycle storage at campsite
Whats not included?
- A sleeping bag
- Bicycle hire (£50): We'll organise hire of a bicycle for you from Saturday to Sunday. We'll have your bike waiting for you in Hildenborough when you arrive, and we'll take it back from you as you finish the ride on Sunday. It couldn't be easier! We'll also provide a bicycle helmet and lock.
- London transfer (£50): Meet us in South London (most likely a station accessible by National Rail and London Overground like Clapham Junction) at, or just before, 9am. We'll load your bike into our support van, and we'll put on a coach to take you to the ride start point at Hildenborough. We'll also bring you and your bike back to Clapham Junction on Sunday afternoon after the ride.