UPDATE: Due to the restrictions imposed by the new government regulations we have made the difficult decision to cancel our final ride for 2020 (26-27 September). We will be announcing shortly all our spring weekend rides. We hope you can join us and #followtheredfox in 2021!
Challenge yourself, make the best of your weekend and join fellow adventurers on our 2 day guided, supported, all inclusive cycle experience in the Chiltern Hills...
'Escape The City to the Chiltern Hills' is a cycle ride with a twist. We love cycling. But we also think the Chiltern Hills are best explored by a combination of pedal and foot. On this escape, you'll get both.
Expect wonderful scenery, a top notch group of people (they always are) and a proper retreat away from the smog and stresses of the city. We guarantee you'll go back to work refreshed, relaxed and with an enduring sense of achievement.
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Dates :
Start Point : Goring & Streatley station
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles per day : 30
Hours of cycling per day : 3-4
Overnight Camp : Chiltern Retreat (the Wild Woodland)
End Point : Goring & Streatley station
- A fully guided, fully supported, all inclusive 2 day cycle experience with a group of like-minded adventurers in the Chiltern Hills
- A moderately intense physical challenge, working those legs and testing the quads
- Delicious picnic lunches courtesy of the Cartshed Cafe and the Stoke Row Village Store
- 'Three Villages pub walk' visiting three of the most idyllic Chiltern country pubs (optional)
- Relaxed Saturday night dinner at the hand-picked Yew Tree pub in Frieth
- Cosy wild camp under the stars in a secluded woodland campsite (tents, air mats, travel pillows and camping chairs all set up and provided by us)
- A specially designed Yin Yoga for cyclists to relax and refresh those tired legs! (optional)
- Sunday morning coffee at the No Car Cafe, a cyclists paradise in a converted barn building
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (from £175)
- 2 day guided ride
- Support vehicle to carry day packs and provide mechanical support
- Lunch both days
- Overnight camp and camping gear (tent, air mat, travel pillow & camping chairs)
- Delicious dinner at the Yew Tree in Frieth
- Specially designed Yin Yoga for cyclists (optional)
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
- Secure bike storage at our campsite
Whats not included?
- A sleeping bag
- Morning coffee at the No Car Cafe
- Drinks on 'Three Villages pub walk' (optional)
- Bike hire (from £58): We'll organise hire of a bicycle for you from Saturday to Sunday. We'll have your bike waiting for you in Goring & Streatley as you arrive, and we'll take it back from you as you finish the ride on Sunday. We'll also provide a bicycle helmet and lock.