Challenge yourself, make the best of your weekend and join fellow adventurers on our 2 day guided, supported, all inclusive cycle experience in the Chiltern Hills...
'Escape The City to the Chiltern Hills' is a cycle ride with a twist. We love cycling. But we also think the Chiltern Hills are best explored through a combination of pedal and foot. So, if you think the best cycle rides finish with a causal meander through beautiful countryside, this is the escape for you.
Expect wonderful scenery, a top notch group of people (they always are) and a proper retreat away from the smog and stresses of the city. We guarantee you'll go back to work refreshed, relaxed and with an enduring sense of achievement.
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Saturday 6 - Sunday 7 June and Saturday 12 - Sunday 13 September 2020
Start Point : Goring & Streatley station
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles per day : 30
Hours of cycling per day : 3-4
Overnight Camp : Chiltern Retreat
End Point : Goring & Streatley station
Ride Grading : Challenging
You'll need to be moderately fit or an experienced cyclist, capable of cycling 30 miles per day and comfortable with three to four strenuous hill climbs each day.
- A fully guided, fully supported, all inclusive 2 day cycle experience with a group of like-minded adventurers in the Chiltern Hills
- A moderately intense physical challenge, working those legs and testing the quads
- Delicious picnic lunches courtesy of the Cartshed Cafe and the Stoke Row Village Store
- 'Three Villages pub walk' visiting three of the most idyllic Chiltern country pubs (optional)
- Relaxed Saturday night dinner at the hand-picked Yew Tree pub in Frieth
- Cosy wild camp under the stars in a secluded woodland campsite (tents, air mats, travel pillows and camping chairs all set up and provided by us)
- Sunday morning coffee at the No Car Cafe, a cyclists paradise in a converted barn building
WHAT'S INCLUDED? Super Early Bird price £130 (Early Bird £145 from 15 Nov 2019)
- 2 day guided ride
- Support vehicle to carry day packs and provide mechanical support
- Lunch both days
- Overnight camp and equipment hire (tent, air mat, travel pillow & camping chairs)
- Delicious dinner at the Yew Tree in Frieth
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
- Secure bicycle storage at campsite
Whats not included?
- A sleeping bag
- Morning coffee at the No Car Cafe
- Drinks on 'Three Villages pub walk' (optional)
- Bicycle hire (from £58): We'll organise hire of a bicycle for you from Saturday to Sunday. We'll have your bike waiting for you in Goring & Streatley as you arrive, and we'll take it back from you as you finish the ride on Sunday. We'll also provide a bicycle helmet and lock.