Mark the festival's 15th birthday with our 1 day ride through the beautiful Cotswolds to Wychwood...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Friday 31st May 2019
Start Point : Bristol Temple Meads
Start Time : 9am
Number of miles : 60
Hours of cycling per day : 6
Arrival Date : Friday 31st May 2019
Arrival Time : 5:30pm
End Point : Wychwood Festival, Cheltenham Racecourse
Ride Grading : Challenging
You'll need to be capable of cycling 60 miles in a day and fairly comfortable with hills.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
Leaving Bristol via the Bristol & Bath Railway path, we'll weave out through the little Gloucestershire villages of Nibley and Cromhall before entering the Cotswolds near Alderley. The views out west into South Wales are magnificent on a clear day! The route continues along quaint country lanes to Minchinhampton, a real gem of a village. Don't forget to bring your camera. We should roll into Stroud at about 1pm just in time for a picnic lunch. From Stroud, our route takes us back into the Cotswold Hills and along a charming lane cut into the hillside. Keeping away from main roads, we'll meander through Jack's Green and Sheepscombe before taking a well-deserved snack break at Prinknash Abbey Park. Our next stop is Gloucester where we'll congregate at famous Gloucester Cathedral. The final few miles of our route will follow the National Cycle Route between Gloucester and Cheltenham. A combination of cycle tracks and dedicated cycle lanes next to main roads, this stretch is safe and generally quiet.
We'll aim to arrive at Wychwood by 5.30pm for (no doubt) a well-deserved celebratory beer!
EXCLUSIVE PERKS FOR OUR WYCHWOOD RIDERS:
- First 30 riders can get an "Adult Weekend with Camping" Wychwood 2019 festival ticket for just £100! (£15 cheaper than early bird tickets)
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £45)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch on the day of the ride
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Wychwood festival site
We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival
- Discounted Wychwood Festival ticket £100 (first 30 riders only)
* Link will direct you to the Wychwood ticketing home page. Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process