Experience beautiful Cotswold villages and endless country lanes on our 1 day ride from Bristol to WOMAD
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : 22 July 2021
Start Point : Bristol Temple Meads
Start Time : 10am
Number of days: 1
Number of miles : 32
Hours of cycling per day : 4-5
Arrival Date : 22 July 2021
Arrival Time : 4pm
End Point : WOMAD Festival, Malmesbury
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be moderately fit and capable of cycling 35 miles per day. There are a couple of climbs so you'll need to fairly comfortable with hills.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
This ride is simply stunning. Following the route of our tried and tested Bristol to Shambala ride, we'll pedal our way through countless stunning villages, each with its own unique character. Hugging the western edge of the Cotswolds, we make a gradual climb up to the highest point of the ride where stunning views of South Wales are our reward.
Next we join a paved section of the Cotswold Way, the 100 mile path which meanders through the Cotswolds, before rolling into Littleton Drew, a quintessentially Costwoldian village with its stone architecture and old fashioned red phone box at its centre. From there it's a gentle ride onto the festival. We plan to deliver you to WOMAD relaxed and refreshed by 4pm!
Now for the real icing on the cake, all riders will receive a free weekend pass to use La Di Da Loos courtesy of the lovely WOMAD team. And, every rider will be entered into a prize draw to win a pair of WOMAD Spa tickets (worth £140 per ticket!). Visit https://womad.co.uk for more details.
EXCLUSIVE PERKS FOR OUR WOMAD RIDERS:
- Every rider will receive a La Di Da Loos wristband to use on the WOMAD festival site all weekend
- Every rider will be entered into a prize draw to potentially win a pair of WOMAD Spa tickets (worth £140 each)
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £50)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll serve up a tasty 'al fresco' roadside lunch or book the group into a charming country pub
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the WOMAD festival site (own lock needed)
- Return coach and bike transfer back to Bristol after the festival £27.50 return
- Bicycle rental for the duration of the ride From £35
- Hire of camping equipment for the WOMAD weekend From £25