Keen to join like-minded adventurers on this year's Shindig Bike Ride? Experience the natural beauty and historic delights of rural Somerset..
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Thursday 23rd May 2019
Start Point : Bristol Temple Meads
Start Time : 10am
Number of miles : 39
Hours of cycling per day : 4-6
Arrival Date : Thursday 23rd May 2019
Arrival Time : 5pm
End Point : Gilcombe Farm, Bruton, Somerset
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be capable of cycling 39 miles in a day and fairly comfortable with hills.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
Well... it's unfathomably quiet, stunningly beautiful and full of history. The Bristol and Bath Railway path takes us out of Bristol and through the eerie and 1.7km long Combe Down tunnel. Keep an ear open for violins playing and be careful not to disturb the resident bats! We continue deep into the southern tip of the Cotswolds and over the rolling Somerset hills. We'll likely stop for lunch in the picture perfect village of Mells, known as 'Mulne' in the Domesday Book. Next stop is Nunney, famous for its Roman history and moated Norman Castle. Don't forget to bring your camera! The final few miles see us weave through country lanes and open farmland and we finish with a long, exhilarating descent into Bruton. As a reward for travelling sustainably, Shindig will give you a free hot shower wristband (worth £10). Free hot showers on the Shindig site all weekend!
PERKS OF THE RIDE
Exclusive perks for our Shindig Riders:
- All cyclists will receive a hot shower wristband (worth £10). Luxurious hot showers on the Shindig site all weekend!
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £45)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch on the day of the ride
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Shindig festival site (own lock needed)
We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival
* Link will direct you to the Shindig ticketing home page. Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process