Birmingham to Timber
Join us for the third year of the Big Timber Bike Ride. The healthiest, most chilled and most rewarding way to get to Timber.
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Friday 1 July 2022
Start Point : Birmingham Snow Hill station
Start Time : 9am
Number of miles : 39
Hours of cycling per day : 4-5
Arrival Date : Friday 1 July 2022
Arrival Time : 4pm
End Point : Timber Festival
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be capable of cycling 40 miles in a day and the route is fairly flat throughout.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
Our journey starts with a gentle, canalside cycle out of Birmingham along the Birmingham and Fazeley Canal. Paved sections only so it's suitable for the road bikers.
After Tyburn, a pretty National Cycle Route takes us around Pype Hayes Park and through New Hall Valley country park. Lunch will be provided by the Black Root Bistro in Sutton Park. Delicious wraps and flatbreads. We'll enjoy them in a gorgeous hidden spot overlooking Fisherwick Brook.
After lunch, Minor B roads and suburban riding make way for open countryside and splendid views. The long stretch of riding from Seckington through Clifton Campville to Lullington is wonderful. Before we reach Timber, there'll be chance to enjoy the first beer of the weekend at the Colvile Arms in Lullington. Landlord Neil plans to open just for us!
We plan to arrive at Timber by latest 4pm.
EXCLUSIVE PERKS FOR OUR TIMBER RIDERS:
- All cyclists get a discount of £55 on your Timber festival ticket. This makes the outward ride and all that comes with it completely free!
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £55)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch on the day of the ride
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Timber festival site (own lock needed)
We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival
* Link will direct you to the Timber ticketing home page. Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process