Start your Timber weekend with a smile on our 1 day ride through some of the prettiest villages in the Midlands...
DETAILS OF THE RIDE
Start Date : Friday 5th July 2019
Start Point : Birmingham
Start Time : 9am
Number of miles : 39
Hours of cycling per day : 4-5
Arrival Date : Friday 5th July 2019
Arrival Time : 3pm
End Point : Rawdon Rd, Moira, Swadlincote
Ride Grading : Moderate
You'll need to be capable of cycling 40 miles in a day and the route is fairly flat throughout.
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS TRIP?
Our journey starts with a gentle, canalside cycle out of Birmingham along the Birmingham and Fazeley Canal. We'll be sure only to use paved sections of the towpath so it's suitable for the road bikers!
After exiting the towpath just after Tyburn, a pretty National Cycle Route takes us past Brookvale Park Lake, around Witton Lakes and over Sutton Park just outside the Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield. We'll almost certainly enjoy lunch 'al fresco' and watch the world go by.
The second half of our ride epitomises the joy of cycling. Minor B roads and suburban riding make way for open countryside and splendid views! The long stretch of riding from Seckington through Clifton Campville to Lullington is simply wonderful.
We plan to arrive at Timber by 3pm latest and you'll be free to start your festival weekend!
PERKS OF THE RIDE
Exclusive perks for our Timber Riders:
- All cyclists get a discount of £42.50 on your Timber festival ticket. This makes the outward ride and all that comes with it completely free!
WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Outward ride only price £42.50)
- We'll create the route and guide you
- We'll carry your bags and camping equipment in our support van
- We'll provide lunch on the day of the ride
- We'll keep you nourished and hydrated with delicious snacks and water
- Storage of your bike on the Timber festival site (own lock needed)
We can bring you and your bike back to the start point after the festival
* Link will direct you to the Timber ticketing home page. Only use if you have not yet started the ticket booking process